Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'Water' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to measure Magnesium?

Hi All, I am a novice in the field of aquaponics. The owners of a local aquaponics were kind enough to allow me to volunteer and learn the…

Started by Josh McNeely

1 Jul 9, 2021
Reply by Rob Tolette

How I built a gas water heater for the pond.

I have implemented a heating system for my 500 gallon partially inground tank that may be useful to some of you.  I've learned a lot readin…

Started by James H Clanton

27 Jan 10, 2017
Reply by Mark B

Vinegar barrel for pH adjustment?

I acquired a vinegar barrel and have been flushing it with rainwater from my gutters for a few days I just tested the pH in the barrel now…

Started by Jeff S

3 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Alex Veidel

Water Issues for New System: Mystery of the sinking pH!

Hello All, Every expert started as a beginner, so here I go.... I am helping to start a new AP system at a high school in southwestern Oh…

Started by True

10 Oct 22, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Tilapia froze to death last night.

So it is with great sadness that I lost my entire stock of Tilapia due to a power outage last night. I have a converted IBC with about fift…

Started by Ray Eklund

0 Jan 31, 2014

Can anyone help to lower the water pump wattage ?

Hi  I am newbie in aquaponic. I just started 3 months ago. I love to see the plants are growing good. But what I didn't expect is the elec…

Started by Squall Leonheart

14 Sep 7, 2012
Reply by Kenji Snow

Testing for Iron, Magnesium and Calcium

Hello all. I don't know if I am over anylizing my water but I am in the middle of a fishless cycle (about 1 week into it) and my plants are…

Started by Brandon nardoianni

1 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by Keith Rowan

System startup

Hi All, I'm trying to get my system through startup and I'm at a loss as to what is happening with the water chemisty.The overall water vo…

Started by Timothy P. Kelly

56 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Timothy P. Kelly

How long should a Bell Siphon cycle take?

Hi, I'm planning out my grow beds and am wondering how long should an ideal water cycle take? (water filling up in the bed, then draining o…

Started by Josiah Sherman

4 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by Josiah Sherman

Primo Water

Has anyone ever used the 5 gal reusable bottles from Primo water for a system? They have a list of the process they use to filter on the we…

Started by Marc Bryan

4 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Marc Bryan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service