Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Food Safety Issues (45)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anchor Worm Breakout in Goldfish - are the plants still safe?

Hello, I'm a newbie to this, and didn't quarantine my fish before I purchased them at the store. 2 weeks later, all 3 goldfish had anchor…

Started by Razan Alzayani

1 Jan 1, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Feeding your fish maggots.

I was doing some research on how to grow things for my chickens and fish to eat the other night and came across this neat idea. http://yout…

Started by Chris Duke

19 Nov 26, 2013
Reply by Phil

farm raised fish and wild fish verses AP

I got a good deal on an aquaponics system and jumped in with 2 feet all in a matter of days thinking i can feed my family organic, GMO free…

Started by Kim Romen

15 Oct 10, 2013
Reply by Kim Romen

What's wrong with these tilapia?

After recieving a new batch of tilapia, 2 of the 6 quickly appeared to not be of optimum health. One simply lay on the bootom of the tank o…

Started by Pacifica HS

9 Oct 9, 2013
Reply by Kim Romen

where can i buy a pond liner locally by saturday or is there something safer?

i need a pond liner by saturday.  I'm wanting to be as organic and GMO free as possible.  In my home I try to store things in glass instad…

Started by Kim Romen

0 Oct 9, 2013

Container question

I have not created a AP system yet, still in the design phase.  However, I wanted to put together a small, mostly free/very low cost "test"…

Started by Kerry McMahon

0 Sep 10, 2013

You are what you eat. So are plants. Trace nutrient question.

While continuing to plan an AP installation, I've also been doing some study of vegetables and nutrient content. An issue related to the qu…

Started by Phil Kabza

0 Jul 14, 2013

Rabbits & Chickens

Does anyone know of any scientific studies on the safety of using rabbit or chicken poo in conjuction ith Aquaponics?

Started by Vickie Lusby

1 Jul 14, 2013
Reply by Phil Kabza

Pond Liner

I  read somewhere, that if you build a system and use pnd liner to build a system, the rubber will release toxins that will not harm the fi…

Started by Mike Roe

4 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by DaveG

Aries 2131 Coagulant tote?

I found a free tote that had this waste water treatment stuff in it.  According to several sources its low PH, easy to clean out of the tot…

Started by W

1 Feb 16, 2013
Reply by Verna Gross

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service